Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9

Well hope you don't mind a few plugs for some new innovative and empowering products, cause you know now that Christmas is over I need to start my birthday list. My younger but I say bigger brother (he's the size of the average guy in Gold's Gym if you get my drift) invited the family over today to check out his new Kinects XBOX 360, not sure about the spelling. The point is this product was amazing it had everyone of our family members ages 3 to 55 up and exercising over and over again...now kid you not we didn't approach it as exercise, nor were we watching our diet considering the greasy burgers and dogs on the grill and incredible home-mayonnaise potato salad. Oh yeah and the made from scratch batch of chocolate chip cookies(which I had four of with a glass of 1% milk). Enough about food one of my favorite subjects that obviously and easily sidetracks my thoughts, more about this video game. I forgot to tell you the best thing about the video game, there is no stupid controller that runs out of batteries or has to be charged or that you have to by 5 versions of so everyone can play. Your body is the controller. Check out this video for a quick peek....




Now many game systems have come out in recent years that have tried to interact physically with the consumer, with all the bad rap they get because of the video addicted children they have created (mine included), it only makes sense they should attempt to clean up their reputation. Well I have to give them (NINTENDO) credit for this one...now I have really enjoyed the family time we have shared with rock band and how it has increased my children's musical culture, but this Kinect XBOX 360 is really something. We were all huffing, puffing, and begging to be the next challenger in the dance off. It was just like Karaoke except with dancing and we couldn't get enough of it. Midway through the challenges my mom was inspired to open a dance club...and incorporate this theory in the dance clubs so that everyone could show off their moves and not be a wall flower....just like her to think of the underdogs, even the ones with no rhythm.

You have to understand everyone of our family members has a complex personality, most of them have had some traumatic event in their lives and it affected them in very different ways, so for some of them to get up and shake their groove thing was a big step....so yep...it was like family therapy Kinects XBOX 360 style. And for that I am thankful, we had a blast and it was good clean fun, with only some slight alcohol inebriation....me a rum and coke and my mom a couple of beers. Shoot we both worked that off with a couple of "Jungle Boogie & Funky Town" sets. That was the other plus side to the game it showcased music from all eras so everyone can choose a song they recognized and connected with....however be careful to choose one you know, you could get hurt trying to pull some of those moves.

Well back to current issue at hand...what do I want more for my birthday a new sewing machine to help connect with my previously inner 1920's wife/mom or the video game that could possibly help me stick to those past new years resolutions and drop some poundage. Tough call, but more importantly my family would enjoy both...after all it's not all about me. But you know what they say honey (if you're reading this)...happy wife happy life! Plus maybe they"ll come out with a couples version of dance off for the Kinects XBOX 360. Now that's what I call date night...forget dinner and movie with hubby. I can imagine it now a little Def Leppard "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and some lingerie and I might get more than a sewing machine for my birthday. Somebody patten that before Nintendo gets word. And with that I leave you with a little teaser....




Until Manana.....

No comments:

Post a Comment